Cogniss Unity Game Dev Challenge
Put your Unity skills to the test. Harness the full power of Cogniss to create a game that inspires, entertains and educates.
About the challenge
This challenge is open to anyone interested in creating effective learning experiences through games. Enter individually or as a team!
Create a Unity game for the Cogniss platform for a chance to win:
- A cash prize of AUD4,000
- Industry recognition
- The opportunity to work with our team on a commercial game with real audiences
While there will only be one overall winner, we're also keen to pursue opportunities with makers of games that show exceptional creativity.
What we're looking for
We're looking for original, data-driven, arcade-style games that are fun, creative and most importantly provide a great user experience.
We'll provide a Cogniss Developer Kit sandbox which includes sample data, simple Cogniss integration guidelines, sample project and technical requirements. The rest is up to you.
These are the things that will catch our attention:
Quality of gameplay: The extent to which the game is detailed, visually appealing and provides intuitive, immersive user experiences through the use of special effects, audio and graphics.
Fit for purpose: The extent to which the game is educationally effective.
Creativity and originality: The extent to which the game pushes new boundaries, or features imaginative new ways of presenting content.
- Technical performance: The extent to which the game is optimised for fast, fluid gameplay, and takes full advantage of Cogniss platform features.
The fun factor: Core game mechanics should be fun and engaging for all ages. Games that effectively take the player into a 'flow' state, or game mechanics that include novel problem solving elements may score highly.
2 July 2017 Extended to 7 August 2017
Shortlist announced: 28 August 2017
Winner announced: 4 September 2017
- Fill in the 'Expression of Interest' form below. We'll email you an entrant pack that includes further instructions, a download link for the Cogniss Developer Kit and competition rules and guidelines.
- Read the Terms and Conditions carefully. [Last updated 26 June]
- Design and create your Unity game.
- Submit your finished game.
We can't wait to see what you come up with - good luck!